McGee's Mill Covered Bridge
(GPS N40 52.80 W78 45.92)
McGees Mills was built in 1873 by Thomas A McGee utilizing the Burr truss design. The bridge is owned and maintained by the county of Clearfield. The bridge crosses the West branch of the Susquehanna river at the village of McGees Mills. The bridge is opened to daily traffic and is in excellent condition. The bridge has been extensively reinforced with heavy steel mending plates at the joints of the Burr arches, and angle irons and mending plates on the other wooden timbers, and a five foot high wall of laminated two by twelve inch planks banded together with steel plates that run the entire length of the bridge. This is one of the most extensive reinforced bridges in the state.
Location of the bridge is on Township Route 322, approximately 0.3 mile east of State Route 219, approximately 0.2 mile south of the center of McGees Mills, Bell Township.